ECD- Package – Positive parenting and Early chidhood care and Stimulation
Rajasthan is one of the largest state of the country contribute to around 11% of geographical area. Every year in the around 1.9 million women becomes pregnant and around 1.75 million are pregnancy care and child birth to young child care. These interventions are delivered by different sections and department at their main service delivery platforms – Home, Outreach and facility (Anganwadi, Sub health centre / District Hospitals). Most of the interventions are included in the department Health, Women and Child Development and Education (In selected areas) however some of the interventions are not included and implemented especially, Interventions like positive parenting and early stimulations interventions.
- To ensure 100% complete immunization coverage of all newborn children in the area in a phased manner (20% improvement every year).
- To reduce malnutrition among children between 0-3 year age group in a phased manner (20% reduction every year).
- To enhance community awareness regarding health, hygiene and sanitation.
- Each field worker under this project is provided with a weighing machine. Home visits are continued and the weighing of the pregnant women and children in the age group of 0-3 is being done on a daily basis.
- Importance of hand wash was explained through demonstration during the home visits.
- Nail cutters are taken by the field coordinators and nail cutting is done during the home visits for all family members. If they do not have a nail cutter at home it is provided to them and they take an oath to cut nails on a regular basis.
- The counselling of the caregivers on ECD package.
- The training of front line workers on ECD package is done during the sector meetings. Workers were supportive and participated actively during the meetings and visits.
- Supporting the ICDS and Health workers during the MCHN days at various locations is being done.
- Joint home visits with ASHA are done for ECD package sharing with the care givers and pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- The information about JSSY, and services of ICDS is being informed.
SIDART is trying to do strengthen the system through home visits, Anganwari centre visit, contact the pregnant and lactating women and person to person interaction with ANM, ASHA,Anganwadi Worker, Helper, Lady supervisor etc.